Kristina Sutiene holds Ph.D. in Informatics (2009) and M.S. in Applied Mathematics from Kaunas University of Technology (KTU). She currently works as an Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematical Modelling at KTU and is a member of a research group „Mathematical Modelling of Stochastic, Economic and Medical Systems“.
- COST Action “Fintech and Artificial Intelligence in Finance – Towards a transparent financial industry”, CA19130, Coordinator – Zurich University of Applied Sciences, 2020-2024
- H2020 project “FINancial Supervision and TECHnological Compliance training programme – FIN-TECH“, ICT-35-2018, Coordinator – Pavia University, 2019-2020
- Erasmus+ KA2 project “MathE – Improve Math Skills in Higher Education“, Coordinator – Instituto Politécnico de Braganç, 2018 – 2021
- ESF project “Establishment of the Competence Center for Analysis, Simulation and Risk Management (i.MAMC)”, 10.1.1-ESFA-V-912-01-0001, Coordinator – State Tax Inspectorate Under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania, 2016 – 2019
- COST Action “Mathematics for Industry Network”, TD1409, Coordinator – Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics, 2017-2019
Her research interests generally cover risk modelling and measuring by employing data science and artificial intelligence in the field of finance, economics and insurance.